SecurityWorldMarket

18/11/2008

Larger security companies join IPSA

London, UK

The International Professional Security Association (IPSA) has experienced an interesting new trend as several large security companies have joined the association.


In recent months Carlisle Security Services Limited and GBM Services Limited, two UK companies both with 2000+ staff, have joined ranks with existing members such as ISS Pegasus Security. Other new companies and in-house security teams to join or apply to IPSA this year are Schutzhund Security Limited, Protea Security Limited, Ultimate Solutions (UK) Limited, Metro Guards Limited and Bradford College Security Department.

Currently 57 percent of eligible IPSA member companies are also registered on the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme with the remaining 43 percent being inspected for compliance with British Standards by either IPSA inspectors or UKAS accredited inspectorates such as SSAIB and NSI. The number of ACS registered companies re-enforces the Association message that companies should become or retain membership of security associations in addition to whichever of the voluntary quality assurance schemes they choose. This ensures that the have the means of effective representation in addition to direct participation in stakeholder consultation groups.

Speaking about his company's decision to join IPSA, Richard Chappell, managing director of Carlisle Security Services Limited, said "I made the decision for Carlisle Security to join IPSA. I felt that in the changing security world post regulation it is important for our company to align itself with a professional body who I felt could be a voice to champion the industry issues on behalf of its members. We believe that IPSA represents that type of professional body that will challenge traditional thinking and be inclusive to all members. I believe that the industry needs a brighter more modern voice and one that is inclusive."

Justin Bentley, IPSA chief executive officer, said "We believe that it is important for security companies to be members of a professional or trade association. There are a number of choices open to companies and individuals, and we consider that IPSA offers its members a high quality of service, whilst keeping prices realistic. This is particularly important in the current economic climate."

Paul Trendall, commercial director of Carlisle Security Services Limited, added "It's important to pick your friends wisely and in the case of IPSA we have the pleasure of being associated with the UK's oldest professional body for the security industry. Having been impressed by IPSA's commitment to the security industry, and its selfless approach to working on behalf of its members; recommending to my colleagues that we join IPSA was a pleasantly easy decision to make."

IPSA chairman Patrick Somerville says "IPSA has been working hard to show that it can deliver a good service to both companies and individuals in the industry. These new members have made appropriate commercial decisions and their example should be an encouragement to others to consider the benefits of association membership for their companies and their staff."




Product Suppliers
Back to top